Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Six Can Chicken Tortilla Soup

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. It looked really good on this COLD April day (yes, I said April) and it seemed EASY! And it was...

1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth (*I did 1 can chicken broth and 1 can cream of chicken soup - made it creamier)
1 (10 oz) can chunk chicken
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chili peppers, drained (I only had stewed tomatoes, that I threw in the food processor and added a little can of diced green chilies.)

Pour everything into a large saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through. Ready in 20 minutes!!! Serve over tortilla chips or just in a bowl with corn bread. Don't forget to add cheese or sour cream also.

*I also added some chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and a little taco seasoning. Just add whatever spices you want. It is SUPER good...and probably would be fine, if you freezed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment