Monday, April 13, 2009

Blonde Brownies

We used to always make these growing up. And I was in the mood to make something, so I decided on Blonde Brownies, because I didn't know if I wanted cookies or brownies. They are SO yummy. I love the crust. ((I didn't have shortening, so I used butter instead and they still turned out good))

2 c. sifted flour 2/3 c. shortening
1 t. baking powder 2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 t. baking soda 2 slightly beaten eggs
1 t. salt 2 t. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts (optional) 1 pkg. chocolate chips

Sift dry ingredients 2 times. Add nuts. Melt shortening (add 2 T. hot water if vegetable shortening is used). Cool. Stire in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture gradually, mixing well. Spread in greased 9x13x2 in. pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan, cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment