Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Taco Bake

I got this recipe from my friend at work. It was super easy and really good. A good fast meal, that leaves tons of leftovers. The husband mentioned that it would be a really good meal to make if you need to take someone dinner that just had a baby, surgery, etc.

1 lb hamburger
1/2 c onion
1 envelope dry taco seasoning (I have a big container from Costco, so I did 1 T)
15 oz. tomato sauce (I only had 2 mall 8 oz. cans, so I actually did 16 oz.)
15 1/4 oz. can whole corn, drained
2 c. shredded cheese (I didn't even notice this in the meal, so you could cut it out to lose some calories)
2 c Bisquick
1 c milk
2 eggs

Heat oven to 350. Brown hamburger and chopped onion; drain. Spoon into ungreased 9x13 pan. Stir in taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and drained corn. Sprinkle with cheese. Stir Bisquick, milk, and eggs til blended. Pour over beef mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until light golden brown. You can serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. (We just ate it alone, and it was awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment