Friday, March 19, 2010

Freezer Friendly Friday - pb&j

This may be the lamest Freezer Friday post yet, but our lives have been forever changed by one little gadget, and I wanted to share it with you. I have had my eye on it for about a month and couldn't seem to get my hands on one. Finally, because I am super cool/cheap/lucky/blessed, I spotted one at a Savers Thriftstore, in a grab bag, for $1.99, with a set of measuring spoons, half a set of measuring cups, and a veggie slicer gadget that only works if you have a veggie slicer. I was giddy as I walked up to pay my $1.99.

I could have taken it home and sold it on eBay for $7.99 but instead, I gave it a good washing and then put it to use.

It is a Pampered Chef cut-n-seal sandwich maker. It works for any kind of sandwich, but it makes the finest de-crusted pb&j's since they invented Uncrustables, only a lot cheaper!

And because they are sealed, less mess!

There is nothing fancy about the recipe, but I love that I can make a few pb&j sandwiches, place them in a ziploc in the freezer, and I am ready for an impromptu picnic. They will thaw in about an hour, or you can microwave them for about 25 seconds and voila!

Seriously, life changing.

I bet they will freezerburn if left too long, but you could make a weeks worth and throw them in a sack lunch, or send them with the spouse as they are leaving for work.



sorry about the sideways pictures!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you could freeze PB&J sandwiches before. Have you tried the frozen ones?

    ReplyDelete