Sunday, February 21, 2010

Awesome Breadmaker Pizza Dough

I am on a roll lately!! If I do say so, anyway. I made the yummiest homemade pizza tonight for dinner. I found a recipe here. It is for a breadmaker - so you put all ingredients into the breadmaker and put it on the "dough" setting. Then voila! about an hour later, it is done! And it smells amazing coming out of the breadmaker too!

1 1/2 cups water
2 T olive oil
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
4 cups flour
1 T. pizza seasoning. I used a spaghetti seasoning mix. Pesto would be yummy.
4 tsp. active dry yeast

I followed the instructions for the most part. I didn't have cornmeal so I just floured the dough when it came out, rolled it flat, attempted to toss into the air like my Italian ancestors, fixed a couple of holes I poked in it because I had to catch it after I tried to toss it into the air, and then placed it on a square-ish cookie sheet that was sprayed with Pam. I let it rise for about 30 minutes then added the spaghetti sauce (or pizza sauce if you've actually got some!), mozzarella cheese, fresh pineapple, and deli ham (oops! I mean Canadian bacon, don't tell!). We baked it for about 25 minutes. It made a very thick crust, soft chewy pizza. So yummy. You could easilly roll it thinner and get about 2 cookie sheet sized (maybe not quite that big) pizzas. I bet you could even freeze half the dough for another night! I haven't tried it, but I don't see why you couldn't. Someone try it and let me know!

Seriously De-Lish!

No comments:

Post a Comment